Statement of Faith
"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." -John 1:17 (KJV)
1. There is only one true God. He's not singular but a Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. He created the heavens and the earth and everything in between.
2. Jesus Christ is the resurrected Son of God. He came to earth to bring peace and offer salvation from sin to all people.
3. The Bible is the Word of God and therefore the perfect instruction for our lives. There are no mistakes by human error. There are, however, different translations, some less historically accurate than others! Do your research and establish an educated opinion on what you believe.
4. God made us in His image. We are His children. When we commit our lives to Him, our righteousness is redeemed. Now, that's pretty cool.
5. God will forgive us of our sins, and we will spend eternity with Him in heaven if we obey His Word, ask for forgiveness when appropriate (like, daily) and live with righteous (not self-righteous, the righteousness that comes from God being continually made into His image) hearts.
6. We can't have the mind of Christ without The Holy Spirit living in us and working through us. Therefore, baptism in the Holy Spirit is an essential step for every believer to grow deeply in their relationship with Christ.
7. God intended for us to have an intimate relationship with Him, not a legalistic religion. He gave us His Holy Spirit so we could have a personal relationship with Him. That did not, however, rid the world of religion. God is to be revered. He is Holy. There are rules, limits, guidelines and traditions in place to help keep us from sinning (cause girl, ya gonna sin!).
8. Miracles, signs and wonders are not fables from the Bible, they are alive and well today. The devil can also perform signs and wonders and will do so in the name of Jesus- be smart. Not every wonder is God.
9. We are to love people because God is Love (again, we can't be like Him without the Holy Spirit- because we simply can't love everyone by our own will!). It's our responsibility, as believers, to tell people how much God loves them. It is also our responsibility to go to fellow believers and lovingly correct them when they are out of step with God's Word. Love the sinner, not the sin.
10. Jesus is going to illuminate the sky like a Justin Bieber world tour and return to earth to annihilate sin and restore God's creation to its intentioned Holiness where we will once again live in harmony with God as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden. Clothing optional? That one is still up in the air.
Wait… are we all going to be naked in heaven? Even Grandpa Frank?!
Addiction and Relationships:
1. Addiction is a sin, it can be an evil spirit and sometimes, it is a controllable bad habit.
2. Addiction often co-exists with mental illness which is neither a sin or controllable habit.
3. Mental illness is not an excuse to be a jerk.
4. Believers have increased accountability and responsibility for their actions. Like, Spiderman.
5. An abusive relationship should never be tolerated and the abuser will be just fine living in their car. No one will judge you for going Carrie Underwood on the car either. Just sayin’.
6. Pornography is cheating and counts as an extramarital affair. No one will judge you for going Carrie Underwood on the computer. I might have done it. Maybe. Ask my husband about the time I tried to break his computer… (actually maybe don’t ask, but it happened!).
7. Only the bravest, most courageous people will exercise tough love in love- be that.
8. Addiction can be healed through prayer, and the faith of friends and family, even if the person isn't interested in salvation. However, recovery is hard work, and it will be their choice and responsibility to resist sin. Also, your prayers still reach them when they don’t live under the same roof as you. Be wise.
9. If an addict is saved but then relapses, they won't lose their salvation. However, if they continually return to their old ways, they are turning away from God.
10. The tough decisions are usually the right decisions.
11. If God blessed the marital union (not all were God’s will), we have an obligation to our spouses to love them and support their recovery. We can leave the chaos without abandoning the marriage.
12. If God blessed the marital union, we support our loved ones in their recovery, and they turn their backs on God, their family and their spouse, we are under no obligation to walk their path of sin with them. Abandonment, abuse and adultery are all just cause for divorce.
13. We need to be diligent in praying protection and bondage-breaking prayers over children. They need extra love and extra hugs if they're in a home affected by addiction. Pay particular attention to them, and they'll be the hope for our future and fruit of our faith.
14. Always seek the counsel of God over people. His milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and His ways are better than ours.
1. Um, we are kind of amazing.
2. We were also created in God's image- not just "Adam."
3. We were created to be an equal partner with man and have dominion over the earth and all its animals.
4. Women are natural helpmates. The Holy Spirit came to be "The Helper." We are often more in-tune with the whisperings of the Holy Spirit than men because of our sensitive nature. God created us this way.
5. We've been oppressed and targeted by the enemy since the beginning- that's not man's fault. As women rise up in business and leadership positions across the world, its obvious we are a force to be reckoned with (statistically, it’s best when man and woman work together!).
6. Our sensitive nature doesn't make us weak, it gives us superpowers to understand all facets of a situation. In fact, try to name a creature stronger than a woman.
7. We are beautiful, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. We need to stay conscious of being as beautiful on the inside as we are on the outside but don't extinguish your femininity, it's a gift.
8. We don't need to be married to be whole, we only need Jesus.
9. We're best as a community. Satan has attacked our relationship with one another along with our bodies and position in society. We need to empower other women, stay educated and lift one another up.
10. One day we're going to go to heaven, and we will never need a tampon, a bra, a pap smear or have a hot flash ever again. Praise, Jesus!